Tuesday, May 30, 2006

No-tell Motel

So I did it.
I strayed.
I had a brief fling with a darling little top-down number in a washable persian red cotton.
I gotta tell you, I am a sucker for these top down raglans.
This was a last minute must-knit-something-for-an-adorable-toddler-by-this-sunday kind of thing.
I bought the yarn Wednesday night (as usual at my lovely Circles), and wove the ends in on Sunday morning. This may not seem like a short amount of time in "regular person" hours, but as my dear bestitched will attest, mom hours are very different. And "full time job mom" hours, even more so.
So I feel a pat on the back is in order for this one:


And the addition of an engraved initial in reverse stockinette:

This little boy is beautiful and hilarious and I love him. So this sweater will be well worth any long term repercussions such marthon knitting may induce.

Speaking of beautiful toddler boys, look what happened last weekend:
Aquarium:




And afterwards:





Darn.
That's some sort of cute.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the top down raglan - it looks great! And look at those boys all tuckered out from the aquarium. It makes my heart melt.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Jscothammerquist said...

YOU GO GIRL !

I can't F***ing type this hard enough ! You are so Fabulous !
What a nice little raglan and you, of course the Queen of reverse alphabet.

Oh I am so jealous !

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home