Monday, May 15, 2006

Jet Bleu

Here's a funny picture I took at gate 31 at logan airport Friday night:


What was funny is that we were there at 5:00pm for our 5:55 flight.
What was not so funny was that we actually left the tarmac at 12:30. AM.
Yes, SEVEN HOURS LATER. Seven, bored-toddler-up-far-later-than-bedtime hours.
There is no picture of that.
Well, unless you count this:


So, at three o'clock in the morning, we arrived in Richmond, VA., with a sleeping child and $200 worth of JetBlue vouchers, for what proved to be a fabulous weekend for the wedding of Hinmaton and the beautiful Samantha.
(we'll provide evidence of that later.)

The real sad part of all this "weather delay" and "baby finally sleeping on the plane"

was the fact that I had packed my knitting in my checked baggage.
So that, combined with my leaving the unchecked pattern book in the convenient little pouch in the back of the seat in front of me on the plane*, resulted in this:

Five measly rows of garter stitch on the front left side of the Elsbeth Lavold cardigan.

My feelings of straying are growing...

*it should be said that the fabulous John at the Richmond JetBlue baggage desk found, held and set aside this book for me to pick up for our departing flight on Sunday. I still love JetBlue.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a mess! And no knitting for the wait??!! Argh. At least you got there and had a fabulous time. And look at your sweet little boy sleeping on the plane...aww....

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a horrible piece of traveling. Gah! So sorry you all had to endure that. -Rebecca H (from circles)

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home