Thursday, May 11, 2006

As the sun sets on the honeymoon

So the back of the Elsbeth Lavold cardigan is complete


When I first started this project it was GOOD.
I would think about the yarn all day. I would sit at my desk at work daydreaming about how the cables would start to form beneath my fingers. Was it thinking about me too? I would call it just to check in. I would giggle about it with my friends; It's color, it's texture, its...ahem...YARDAGE. I just couldn't get home fast enough to pick it up and just stare at it.
But, it was just a matter of time.
As with all my projects, it began to lose its novelty. (After all, a girl can only knit in stockinette for so long.) I found myself thinking about other patterns. I would feign interest in its waist shaping. Smile politely at the armhole bind offs. I began to fantasize about other yarns. I began to think about those new boots I bought and sweaters to match...


And then it happened.


I remembered this fabulous brown sportweight from Carlisle Brook Farms. All, like 1400 yds of it. And then...and then...
the somewhat cowl.
Damnitall.
The perfect pattern for the perfect yarn for the perfect boots.

This relationship is so doomed.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cardigan can wait for you while you have a little fling with the Somewhat Cowl. Besides, those boots need a sweater to match - stat!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Martha Marin said...

D-
God, are you a girl after my own heart.
Should I get a cheap hotel room and only knit there?
MM

8:25 AM  
Blogger Una Spenser said...

Martha,

It's so you. Your CowlMate.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home