Saturday, May 06, 2006

Brando



I make REALLY good meatballs.
I don't know how other people make them, or if what I do is anything different, but I can go for weeks eating these things. Occasionally I get a craving to see The Godfather, and then begins a veritable orgy of red sauce and pasta and these:


Here's how I do it:
1-2 lbs of ground beef
2-3 eggs
breadcrumbs
parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large bowl, break the eggs into the meat. Add about 1 cup of breadcrumbs, and about a half cup of cheese. Mix by hand until everything is combined. Keep adding breadcrumbs to absorb the egg until the mixture is not too wet. Roll meatballs into evenly sized balls. Place in a glass baking dish and cook for 25 - 30 minutes, until cooked all the way through.

Oh Lord.
I do so love these things.
Plus, as luck would have it, I'm married to a man who makes the greatest red sauce in the land.

(Though, he tends to eat before allowing his food to cool sufficiently, thereby forcing his wife to post photographic evidence)


And it seems that our child is quickly gaining appreciation.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey M....
tum that looks good, I think I need to stop at the supermarket :) It was fun to see you guys yesterday @ wake up the earth.
D

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, seriously, we need to talk about the meatball recipe.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmeatballs.

I'd appreciate it if you'd combine the knitting with the cooking throughout the duration of your online diary, or "web log", or simply "blog". Me, I call it a website.
But that's neither here nor there.

More food, please, and more recipes.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Jscothammerquist said...

Meatballs ! You have been holding out on me ! I love meatballs !

O My baby WHAT hhave you done to him !

Love Gudy

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should've seen MY face after that dinner.

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home