Tuesday, May 02, 2006

starting/finishing

Okay. Mere moments after officially starting this adventure, I finished the hem on the final sleeve of this:



It is Grumperina's Picovoli. Except that I used a larger gauge. And I opened the neckline. And I added sleeves. And hems on the bottom and cuffs. And I picked up stitches along said neckline and created another hem.



But can't you see the similarities?



Ok. So it is a bit different. But the real thrill of this sweater is the price. To my estimate it used roughly $8.35 worth of yarn. That's right. At Circles, I found this in the sale bin for $5 a skein. Golden Horn Turkish Mohair. 75% mohair, 25% acrylic. Now generally I am the girl that shies away from wearing acrylic yarn, but the color was lovely, I was a bit yarn-broke and it really seemed like an OK mohair. But here's the kicker - 385 yds. For FIVE dollars. I used just over 1 1/2 skeins so...yup...a $8.35 sweater.



It's a little itchy, but I'll get into my remedy for that a little later.

For now I will happily curl up in a kind of itchy cocoon and think of what to do with the other roughly 890 yards of "Turkish Delight" (ok "that" even grossed me out a little bit).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I had to read through this post twice. $8.35 for a sweater??!!?? It's friggin' gorgeous.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home