Thursday, November 09, 2006

YES.

Good news for the free world, my friends.

I know some of you may be disappointed, and I feel for you. I know what it's like.

God in heaven, I know what it's like.

But let me let you in on a little secret:

When you wake up that blessed morning in January, come with me outside. I want to show you something.
See there? accross the street? Your neighbor Jim is NOT marrying a goat.
And quick! Behind that tree! There are no terrorists with vials of avian flu waiting to get you and your children.

In fact, the air is just a little bit sweeter, the sun is just a little bit brighter and people are going to be slightly more tolerant of one another.

Yes, yes, a bit more optimism and sunshine never hurt anyone.



Cheer up, my son. The skies are beginning to clear...

4 Comments:

Blogger Shaw Israel Izikson said...

And its about time too!

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not much more I can add except, "Hell, yes!"

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Editrix;

I don't know where you live, but in fact my neighbor Jim IS marrying a goat, and although I'm normally quite tolerant and even encouraging of the most repulsive behavior, I fiind I have pretty strong negative feelings about the whole thing.

Even if you leave aside the whole issue of who saw her first (I did), he's already married, to a twelve pound calico cat. True, she's a bit plump, and she's not much of a mouser, but they have kittens, for crying out loud. What kind of life can he possibly offer to a goat? My goat?
Oh, my sweet Fatima...

10:01 AM  
Blogger Daniel F Lapham said...

Agh!! Where did you come from? Go here to see pictures of an old friend's daughter: http://dflaphamblog.blogspot.com/

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home