Tuesday, October 31, 2006

When Jesus Gives Candy To All The Good Little Monsters

...or something.

Do you recognize this?
It's Max from Where the Wild Things Are, by Maurice Sendak and embracing one of the few times I can totally dictate my childs choice of costumes, I decided to make him this wolf suit.

And the crafty gods smiled upon me, sent their muse into my sewing machine and helped me to do this:

Yes.

I know.

It's fantastic.

No pattern, pen, pins or other sewing related p-word. Just me, some scissors and my sewing machine, and a suprisingly patient 2 year old who allowed me to hold variously shaped pieces of fleece to his tiny frame.


I'm feeling rather smug.

Although there were a few last minute adjustments while waiting for the rest of the Candy Brigade to arrive:


But in the end it was awesome:


13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OHMIGOD! Can I just eat him up?!
Well done crafty mama, well done!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Siercia said...

Oh, the cuteness, it BURNS!

That is fantastic!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Isabug said...

look at that sweet little monster!
and you did a FANTASTIC job on that suit!

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are my queen. I'm *so* impressed with the mad sewing skilz, and the spectacular choice of character costume. Well done!

Whatcha doin this weekend?

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rule! So does Silas. Maybe next year you'll do In The Night Kitchen.... Hmmmm Hmmmmm

Great work!

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Martha,
Miss you guys. Hope you are doing well. Wish we could be closer so we could see the costume in person.
iggy

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fan-friggin-tastic. I am humbled by your sewing skills!!

And talk about looking hot -- hello mama!

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool. Now let's play him some Danzig tapes!!!!

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowie gazowie!
How do you pull off all that domestic niftiness and not fall off your high heel boots ?!?!?
La Diva de la Machinista Magical!

A & L

12:22 PM  
Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Let the wild rumpus begin! Yes, you are an inspiration, Hot and crafty.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha, you never cease to impress. That is the most awesome costume I've seen this season. Absolutely perfect. -Rebecca

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wowzers.thas plain outtasite,mrs.Marin.my hillbilly costume was not as fascinating,but I did a waycool 4hr. radio show featuring actual UFO contactees in de mix.we are now online,streaming(kggv fm)@live 365.com
my de-program runs*8-10 pm tues. and from 10-? fri.nights
the"Moon over Bohemia"show,dontcha know.glad you are parenting well,my best to the boys,when is a good time to call?loves y'all...DjD.

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing cuter! Last year, when my baby was three, she went as Clifford the Big, Red Dog. Except that it was during the phase when she would not go anywhere without a crown on her head, so she was Clifford the Big, Red Princess Dog.
Or something.
;-)

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home